Thursday, August 20, 2009

Scraps

I wrote this one day after rummaging through a lot of pieces of paper sitting in a drawer. Now that I read it again, I think I am watching "60 Minutes" and listening to Andy Rooney. OMG!

Scraps

By Henry David Rosso

Her number's on a piece of paper
Somewhere
I know I wrote it down
Had her name on it too
Somewhere
Remember the lyrics to that song we liked?
I wrote them down
Somewhere
I had the address of that movie we wanted to see
I scribbled it on a piece of paper so I wouldn't forget
Somewhere
I finally got the whole family's birthdays so I'd always have them
I wrote them on a piece of paper
Somewhere
Maybe this is it
No, remember this?
It's the address we saw on TV for the 26 original '50's hits
There's a phone number here too.
No idea what it's for.
Wonder why I'm keeping it.
Wonder what would happen if I dialed it?
If a man answers, hang up.
Maybe someone has my phone number written on a piece of paper
Somewhere
Maybe they'll call me.
I'd get their number and
Write it on a piece of paper
Somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment